Dental Assistant - Mesa
1705 W Main St Mesa, AZ 85201
A full time, non-exempt position responsible for assisting the dentist(s) and dental hygienist(s) in the direct provision of primary care dental services to patients of the center. The Dental Assistant is also responsible for sterilization, preparation and inventory control of dental instruments and supplies. Responsible for creating a caring and receptive patient environment and an effective, efficient, and productive check in and check-out process. Responsive to patients’ needs via telephone or in person.
Every Adelante employee will strive to maximize their performance and contribution to Adelante Healthcare and the community we serve every day. Employees are expected work in a manner that demonstrates a commitment to quality, patient safety, employee engagement, innovation, and the highest standards of personal integrity, professionalism and competence.
OUR CORE VALUES
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Certification to perform cardiopulmonary Resuscitation for the Health Care Professional (CPR) and AED through courses that follow the guidelines from the American Heart Association and Red Cross (cognitive and skills evaluations)
- Valid Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety for all specialty behavioral health locations
- High school diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Dental Assistant certificate
- Radiology certificate from The Arizona State Board of Dental Examiners
- Coronal Polishing certificate from the Arizona State Board of Dental Examiners
- Minimum two (2) years Dental office experience
- Exceptional communication skills and professional presence
- Intermediate computer efficiency to include proficiency in Windows, MS Office, Patient Management System
- Advanced office skills: typing and telephone answering
NONESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Ability to communicate in more than one language
The qualifications listed above are intended to represent the minimum skills and experience levels associated with performing the duties and responsibilities contained in this job description. The qualifications should not be viewed as expressing absolute employment or promotional standards, but as general guidelines that should be considered along with other job related selection or promotional criteria.