We are looking to hire a Dental Hygienist for a 1-day per week position, preferably Mondays.
We are a well-established, private general dental practice providing high level patient care for 20 years. We want to add a personable and knowledgeable dental hygienist to our team that thrives on teamwork, trust and harmony. We will provide you with a competitive wage, part-time benefits, orderly systems, beautiful and updated office space and, most importantly, a doctor and team to support you. In return, we ask you to adapt to our positive culture, be willing to accept change when needed and provide awesome patient care with excellence and skill. It is important that you are able to respect our dental office systems to help our office run smoothly. We have a solid periodontal program in place and a Periodontal Specialist provides care from our office monthly.
Our appointments for hygiene patients are 1 hour each, seeing 7 patients per day, Monday through Thursday.
Dental Hygienist Requirements:
• Valid Registered Dental Hygiene license.
• Dental x-rays certification.
• Basic Life Support certification.
• Dentrix/Dexis experience a plus but not mandatory.
• Comfortable with technology including keyboarding.
• High communication skills, both written and vocal.
• A proven track record as a dental hygienist.
• Dental instrument knowledge and sterilizing techniques.
• Knowledge of health and safety regulations.
• Willing and open to learn new systems, technology and equipment.
• Reliable and trustworthy.
• Able to meet the physical requirements of a dental hygienist position. Physical demands include but not limited to sitting for extended periods of time, able to firmly grip dental instruments, occasionally lift or move up to 10 pounds and vision abilities to allow for close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Dental Hygienist Duties & Responsibilities summary:
• Provide Dental Hygiene allowable duties.
• Provide high level patient care ensuring the patient feels comfortable and cared for.
• Able to take high quality digital dental x-rays and intra oral photos.
• Identify oral health conditions by mouth screening and periodontal probing.
• Maintain correct documentation in patient dental charts.
• Review/assist with medical history update of your patient.
• Educate patients of all ages on proper home care.
• Sterilizing, sanitizing, and maintaining dental equipment.
• Set up/break down and stock hygiene operatory.
• Help with sterilization routine when needed.
• When necessary, assisting dentists in the management of medical and dental emergencies.
• Learn and follow our dental systems and processes.