Full-time Dental Hygienist
1760 W. Main St Mesa, AZ 85201
Come join our TEAM! We believe a happy smile starts with a team that creates an awesome patient experience. We build this experience at our practices with compassion, caring, and communication. Happiness comes from practicing sound business principles based on efficiency and integrity. Finally, we can create happiness for ourselves and others through meaningful service in our practices and our community.
We have large, fully digitized offices and paperless charts with great team members looking to add great hygienists.
We offer Medical, Dental, Vision & PTO.
Dental Hygienist Duties & Responsibilities
● Talk to patients and make sure they feel comfortable
● Clean dental instruments to ensure everything is sterilized properly
● Perform preliminary dental examinations
● Look for signs of gum disease, infections, or cavities
● Remove plaque and apply fluoride or other sealants to prevent cavities and tooth decay ● Explain good oral hygiene techniques to patients of all ages
● Provide post-operative health education to patients
● Create dental impressions of patients’ teeth so veneers, mouth-guards, etc.
● Take x-ray images of the patients’ teeth
● Work with dentists to decide the best form of treatment for a variety of dental disease ● Keep detailed records of each patient’s visit and update their health history
Dental Hygienist Requirements
● Bachelor’s degree or master's degree in registered dental hygiene program preferred, associate’s degree required.
● At least 1-2 years of experience in dental hygiene
● Has dental hygienist licensure in the state where the job is located
● Current CPR certification
● Understands HIPAA regulations and all dentistry safety guidelines
● Able to stand up for long periods of time to administer dental exams and procedures ● Strong communication skills, interpersonal skills, and customer service skills
Desert Family Dental(3days) & Every Smile Mesa(1day)-Full-time:
Monday, Wednesday, & Friday: 6:45am to 4:00pm with 1-hour lunch
Thursday: 7:45am to 5:00pm with 1-hour lunch