Job Title: Senior Visual Designer
Work Schedule: We cannot guarantee a specific number of work hours per week; however, current estimates call for 20-30 hours a week. Your work schedule can be somewhat flexible, as long as you meet all job responsibilities and are available to attend regular virtual meetings as needed during normal business hours.
Job Classification: Non-Exempt
This job reports to: Melissa Roberts Tims, Chief of Staff
Hourly Rate: $90-$120 / hour; rate is set based on experience and location
Tangible is a product marketing, product design, and design thinking agency. We solve complicated marketing and design problems for tech brands at every stage of growth. Our home office is in San Francisco, CA but we are remote by design, and have employees spread out across the country. Tangible hires part-time workers that usually work between 20-40 hours a week on project assignments for our clients. To learn more about what it’s like to work for Tangible, visit: https://tinyurl.com/join-the-tangible-team
Senior Visual Designer
Tangible’s Senior Visual Designers are experienced, multidisciplinary visual storytellers who leverage industry best practices to create groundbreaking and results-driven products, services, and experiences using expertise in UX, product, visual, motion, and brand design. From concept and iteration to deployment, Senior Visual Designers work closely and collaborate with Tangible strategists and other team members to ensure the end product is:
- pixel perfect and aligned with Tangible delivery quality standards,
- on brand and adheres to corporate brand standards,
- focused on the client’s primary business objectives,
- customer-centric, meeting the needs of our client’s target audiences.
The person hired to fill this role is currently slated to implement and extend the comprehensive digital component library for one of our corporate clients. They will then implement these components by assisting in the build-out of new marketing webpages across multiple sites, in collaboration with Tangible creative strategists, content strategists, and content designers.
- Defining strong visual look and feel for various digital media interfaces
- Developing visual design frameworks that can be used as the basis to extend the client’s brand for digital marketing of all kinds: websites, email templates, video storyboards & animated styles, branded decks and infographic design, etc.
- Collaborating with Tangible teams as well as directly with clients, building relationships, understanding client vision/direction, and exhibiting the ability to effectively communicate and present work to executive-level internal or client stakeholders
- Providing direction and leadership to fellow designers within Tangible teams, on the client side, and/or with partner agencies; reviewing other design work and offering constructive feedback
- Creating, iterating upon, and communicating complex workflows and visual hierarchies of key information through sets of wireframes at various levels of fidelity
- Assisting account managers and producers with scoping design phases of projects
- Working within clients’ existing brand, design, and component libraries/systems as well as creating, organizing, documenting, and delivering original libraries or systems
- Providing approved layout comps, accurate specifications, clear annotations, and optimized assets to developers
- QA/testing of developed works
- Producing functional and compelling presentations for key client deliverables
- Brand design including logo and identity systems across common/uncommon touchpoints from concept development through to style guide development
- Staying current with industry best practices and understanding how to correctly apply them
Skills & Abilities:
- Strong, proven knowledge and understanding of visual design principles, user-centered experience design, interaction design, brand development, and the creative process
- Advanced understanding of UX and ability to create, iterate upon, and communicate complex information and workflows
- Expert ability to create original vector-based illustrations, logos, icons, and infographics
- Deep understanding of photography, retouching, and creation of image composites
- Advanced understanding of layout, typography, and color
- Ability to design complex data visualizations and other forms of information design
- Ability to understand client’s business sector and ensure application of design to support their needs
- Skillset must include use/knowledge of design software such as Figma (our primary design tool), Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, and Sketch; as well as working in tools like Google Workspace, Microsoft Office 365, and Apple Keynote.
- Strong collaboration skills – works effectively as part of a virtual team
- Self-starter who can work independently without a lot of supervision
- Strategic thinker and problem solver who can identify opportunities for improvement in design – asking questions, researching, and implementing solutions
- Can prioritize concurrent projects and manage time effectively
- Works well under pressure and time constraints
- Thorough, organized, and a quick learner
- Can provide and receive constructive criticism, and make changes based on feedback
- Ability to keep sensitive client and agency information confidential at all times
- Must have at least 5-7 years’ experience as a visual designer; 3+ years experience working with corporate brand design; design agency experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in a design-related field or equivalent experience in the industry
- Personal equipment (e.g., computer, phone) is provided by each employee. Tangible provides a small monthly stipend to support personal devices and internet costs.
- Tangible provides licenses for the following software:
- Google Workspace for email / Drive / Docs / Sheets
- Harvest for resource management and time-tracking
- Slack, Teamwork, Float, and other required team collaboration software
- Figma design software; licenses for Adobe Creative Suite and stock photography libraries can be provided by request
- Microsoft 365 product suite (if required by a specific client/project)
- Other software may be made available to employees by request and as required by select client engagements
- Some client engagements will require the installation of key VPN and/or other software to access necessary corporate visual design and brand assets
We believe in equity in the workplace.
Tangible is committed to telling diverse stories, reflecting our diverse audiences, and drawing from diverse experiences and perspectives. Tangible is an equal opportunity employer and values equity and inclusion.