JOB TITLE: Producer
SCHEDULE: We cannot guarantee a specific number of work hours per week; however, current estimates call for 20-35 hours a week. Your work schedule can be flexible, as long as you meet all job responsibilities and attend regular virtual meetings as needed during normal business hours.
REPORTS TO: Melissa Roberts Tims, Chief of Staff
LOCATION: Fully Remote Position
PAY RANGE: $60 - $105; pay rate is set based on relevant experience and location.
Tangible is a product marketing research, strategy and design firm. We solve complicated marketing and design problems for tech brands at every stage of growth. Our home office is in San Francisco, CA but we are remote by design, and have employees spread out across the country. Tangible hires part-time workers that usually work between 20-40 hours a week on project assignments for our clients. To learn more about what it’s like to work for Tangible, visit: https://tinyurl.com/work-at-tangible
Producers at Tangible
Tangible producers work closely with client stakeholders and internal cross-disciplinary teams to shepherd the creation and development of successful experiences informed by a combination of user and business requirements. They are responsible for the entire project lifecycle, from set-up through delivery. Producers provide continual monitoring of their projects and are able to communicate its needs with both internal and client facing stakeholders. Producers lead the creation and facilitation (and making a home for) of all internal and external client communications, and ensure that everyone involved with the project has what they need to be successful.
- Serving as the champion of the Tangible team - speaking on behalf of creative resources, protecting their time, and managing their work to ensure they can produce the best possible creative work.
- Managing project plans (budget, timeline, milestones) and maintaining a weekly budget tracker (format & timing for tracker to be determined in concert with the Account Manager):
- Monitoring the potential for scope creep & escalating as appropriate to account manager
- Collaborating with team resources to see what’s possible given time and budget constraints and making project plan adjustments as appropriate
- Ensuring client communications are clear, concise and coordinated with account manager oversight when appropriate.
- Managing the setup and maintenance of all communications channels (Teamwork, email, etc.) - ensuring that all tools are set up for each project use at the the start of every project for stellar project documentation
- Serving as day-to-day client point of contact:
- Ensuring that communications from clients are routed to the correct members of the team for response, including proper handoff and follow-up to ensure resolution
- Ensuring client deliverables are shared with key points of context from Tangible team members (to ensure effective understanding and optimal response from client) and clear timelines and action requested for client response.
- Sharing client information in a timely & accurate manner to the rest of the internal team
- Managing weekly resource assignment logistics for the project team and communicating updates accordingly
- Capturing all action items and project to-dos and & keeping Teamwork (or another tool) up-to-date at all times
- Reviewing all client feedback to ensure that all comments are responded to and all loops are closed
- Ensuring QA is completed on all client deliverables by the rest of the team
- Assisting Account Manager with the creation and maintenance of contract instruments / documentation in conjunction with Tangible CFO; works with Tangible CFO and accounting department to adhere to client invoicing needs (including accruals) and schedules
- Working with other Tangible Producers to continually review and improve project management processes; staying informed of industry best practices and tools
Skills & Abilities:
- Strategic thinker and problem solver. Able to question, inform research, and support the implementation of solutions to drive value for the client
- Outstanding project management skills; able to prioritize concurrent projects and efficiently manage time; able to work well under pressure and time constraints
- Strong collaboration skills – works effectively as part of a virtual team or in person – and can encourage collaboration between team members
- Able to serve as a bridge-builder, connecting team members to one another as well as to clients and external partners
- Able to act as an unofficial cheerleader for project teams - free with praise and able to generate goodwill within the team
- Self-starter who can work independently without a lot of supervision
- Thorough and organized, with outstanding attention to detail
- Quick learner who can pivot and adapt as client needs change
- Willing to provide and receive constructive criticism and make changes based on feedback
- Ability to keep sensitive client and agency information confidential at all times
Experience: Must have at least 3-5 years’ experience as a producer or project manager, preferably in an agency setting
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in the industry
- Personal equipment (computer, monitor, phone, other; e.g., tablet) is provided by each employee. Tangible provides a small monthly stipend to support personal devices and internet costs.
- Tangible provides licenses for the following:
- Google Workspace (email, Files, Docs, Sheets, Slides)
- Harvest software for resource management and time-tracking
- Slack, Teamwork, Float, and other required team collaboration software
- Other software (Microsoft Office, Apple Keynote) may be made available to employees by request
- Some client engagements will require the installation of key VPN and/or other software.
We believe in equity in the workplace.
Tangible is committed to telling diverse stories, reflecting our diverse audiences, and drawing from diverse experiences and perspectives. Tangible is an equal opportunity employer and values equity and inclusion.