Ames, IA 50010
Hiuse Painter Job Description
We are seeking awesome people to learn the House Painter trade and gain experience under one of our master craftsmen. In the House Painter position, you will work with other craftspersons side by side, taking on more responsibilities as you gain experience. You will learn trade specific safety regulations and other basics related to the House Painter trade.
To be a successful House Painter, a candidate must be dependable, knowledgeable, and professional. We work with people in their homes; our painters must provide a safe and healthy presence. Candidates will work in seasonal weather.
Additionally, candidates will be trained to have an eye for detail and the ability to paint with precision. We are looking to bring on Awesome People who love to make homes look beautiful and are proud of their craftsmanship.
JnS Professional Services LLC is a premier painting company, owned and operated by a 3rd generation Craftsman. We take pride in our ability to offer an exceptional experience for our customers from sales to final walk-through. JnS also serves in the community to provide for those in need and to raise the bar in the painting industry.
JnS is a different kind of painting company, making use of modern technology to produce on-site interactive documentation, creating digital content for our customers comfort and enjoyment. As members of the PCA (Painting Contractors Association), we have at our disposal training videos for new hires, continuous updates on craftmanship and industry standards, and personal access to industry leaders. These sited tools are ready for our use anytime and anywhere.
Health Benefits Available!
Short Term Disability
And JNs will even pay a portion of your premium!
RESIDENTIAL PAINTER DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Stand, bend, squat, kneel, and sit for extended periods of time
- Climb and stand on ladders for 30 minutes at a time
- Operate powered equipment such as a Drill Gun and Pressure Washer
- Lift objects such as ladders and buckets of paint
- Communicate problems and solutions as part of a team.
- Download and use Cloud Services and Apps
- Read, write, and document a variety of job reports
- Follow Operating Procedures for all job duties and equipment
- Keep provided tools and uniforms in clean working condition.
- Follow direct commands from crew leads
- Follow Safety Protocols
RESIDENTIAL PAINTER REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Ability to climb a ladder (If you are afraid of heights this job is not for you)
- High school diploma or GED certificate
- Ability to work in the heat (summer grind)
- Proficient reading and writing skills
- Drivers licenses and transportation is a MUST
- Physical strength and stamina