Dental Assistant for Oral Surgeon
16620 N 40th St Suite H-1 Phoenix, AZ 85032
Oral Surgery Assistant
PART TIME POSITION: We need a conscientious oral surgery assistant to assist our oral surgeon before, during, and after each dental procedure. X-rays, surgical equipment preparation, and patient care will be among your tasks. You’ll also be responsible for keeping track of inventory and replenishing our dental supplies as needed. This is about a 20-30 hour per week position. Office is open Monday, Tuesday, Thursday's and Fridays.
To be effective as an oral surgery assistant, you must be well-organized and sensitive to the requirements of your patients. A great oral surgery assistant should be well-versed in oral surgery procedures and have excellent hand-eye coordination.
Oral Surgery Assistant Duties & Responsibilities:
- Preparing patient charts, establishing treatment plans, and updating dental records.
- Taking Panoramic and Intra-Oral X-rays
- Infection control and biohazard protocols, preparing and sterilizing surgical tools, materials, and equipment.
- Assisting the surgeon with chairside operations, setting up the operating room, administering anesthesia, and cleaning up.
- Getting patients ready for surgery and keeping an eye on their vital signs during the process.
- Reviewing pre and post surgical instructions with patient.
- Monitor our surgical materials and medications, and replenish them as needed.
- Assuring that instruments and equipment are kept in good working order.
- Chinning general anesthesia patient during surgical procedures.
- Above all, providing great patient care.
Oral Surgery Assistant Requirements:
- Previous experience as an assistant in oral and maxillofacial surgery.
- Panoramic X-ray knowledgable.
- It is preferred that you have at least 2 years of dental assisting experience.
- Expertise in the use of surgical equipment, instruments, and materials.
- Occasional front office support.
- Surgical procedures, chairside responsibilities, and health and safety protocols should all be well-understood.
- A thorough comprehension of dental records, charts, and documentation is required.
- Excellent time management and organizing skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Even in stressful situations, the capacity to deliver great patient care.
- Professionalism in both look and demeanor.
- Strong work ethic, dependable and reliable.
BENEFITS ARE DETERMINED ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS.