1058 Fair St A Prescott, AZ 86305
Dental Hygienist Job Summary
We're looking for a registered dental hygienist to join our growing team! You'll complete initial patient screenings, conduct dental cleanings, and assist dentists with examinations and procedures. Job seekers should have incredible customer service skills and a passion for providing excellent dental services. If you love helping people and want to work alongside a group of experienced dental professionals, start your application today!
Dental Hygienist Duties & Responsibilities
- Talk to patients and make sure they feel comfortable
- Clean dental instruments to ensure everything is sterilized properly
- Perform preliminary dental examinations
- Look for signs of gum disease, infections, or cavities
- Remove plaque and apply ﬂuoride or other sealants to prevent cavities and tooth decay
- Explain good oral hygiene techniques to patients of all ages
- Provide post-operative health education to patients
- Create dental impressions of patients' teeth so veneers, mouthguards, etc.
- Take x-ray images of the patients' teeth.
- Work with dentists to decide the best form of treatment for a variety of dental diseases.
- Keep detailed records of each patient's visit and update their health history
Dental Hygienist Requirements
- Associates degree, Bachelor's degree, master's degree in registered dental hygiene program preferred, associate's degree required.
- At least 1-2 years of experience in dental hygiene.
- Has dental hygienist licensure in the state where the job is located.
- Current CPR certiﬁcation.
- Understands HIPAA regulations and all dentistry safety guidelines.
- Able to stand up for long periods of time to administer dental exams and procedures.
- Strong communication skills, interpersonal skills, and customer service skills.