5400 W NORTHERN AVE STE 202 GLENDALE, AZ 85301
Our office provides specialized dentistry for families in a warm, caring environment. We focus on preventive care to help each family member grow a healthy smile that will last a lifetime. Our office serves children, teens and adults in Glendale, AZ.
We are hiring a dental assistant for our busy dental practice. You will help with preparing patients, sterilizing instruments, setting up rooms, and some dental hygiene tasks. To do well in this role you should have a dental x-ray certification and provide a great level of patient care.
Dental Assistant Responsibilities:
- Preparing patients for dental work.
- Helping with infection control by sterilizing and disinfecting instruments, setting up instrument trays, preparing materials, and assisting with dental procedures.
- Assisting dentists in managing medical and dental emergencies when necessary.
- Assisting dental hygienists with procedures when necessary.
- Providing great patient care.
- Recording treatment information in patient records.
- Exposing dental x-rays from dental diagnostics and caring for dental x-ray equipment.
- Giving patients information on dental hygiene, oral health care, and plaque control programs.
- Collecting and recording medical and dental histories and patient vital signs.
- Providing postoperative instructions as directed by the dentist.
- Caring for dental equipment.
- Forming preliminary impressions for study casts and occlusal registrations for mounting study casts.
- Ordering dental supplies and maintaining dental equipment inventory.
- Fabricating temporary restorations and custom impressions from preliminary impressions.
Dental Assistant Requirements:
- Must be reliable and hard-working with great attention to detail..
- Certification or associate degree in an accredited dental assisting program.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience using computers for a variety of tasks.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Consistently professional appearance and attitude.
- Able to provide great patient care.
Bilingual is a plus but not a must
Office Hours: Mon- Thurs 8am - 5pm & Fri 8am - 2pm