portland, OR 97209
For our expanding dental office, we’re looking for a dental hygienist. You’ll help the dentist with numerous operations and x-ray equipment operations. You should have a current State hygiene license, up-to-date vaccinations, and previous experience as a dental hygienist to succeed in this position.
Dental hygienists teach children and adults how to care for their teeth and gums, as well as perform some dental operations. Their work is frequently overseen by a dentist, while individuals with additional training may be able to work alone.
Dental Hygienist Duties & Responsibilities:
- Cleaning accretions, calcareous deposits, and stains of teeth and beneath gum borders with dental equipment.
- By touching lymph nodes under patients’ chins for evidence of soreness or swelling, doctors can look for signs of mouth cancer.
- Making a note of and evaluating the patient’s medical history.
- Dental decay and disease are recorded in order for dentists to diagnose and treat them.
- Keeping the dental equipment and x-ray machine in good working order.
- Examining and feeling the gums for symptoms of disease, sores, and other dental problems.
- X-ray film exposure and development
- Dental instruments are sharpened and sterilized.
- To improve patient oral health, promote preventative dental treatment.
- Fluoride and other decay-prevention chemicals are used.
- Collaboration with dentists and dental hygienists.
- Maintaining a patient dental hygiene regimen.
Dental Hygienist Requirements:
- An associate’s degree in hygiene from a recognized institution is required.
- Hygiene license issued by the state.
- CPR certification is current.
- Hepatitis B immunization is current.
- Possess the ability to give local anesthetics.
- Possessing the ability to use an x-ray machine.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, and interpersonal).
- Comfortable with a variety of computer chores.
- Oral hygiene and dental health are topics on which they are well-versed.
Seeking temporary hygienist to cover maternity leave on Tuesdays/Wednesdays of March 2022 through July 2022. Our office hours are 7am to 5pm with an hour lunch break. We use Dentrix as our dental software.
Our office provides great dental care in a friendly, beautiful atmosphere! We focus on the patients overall experience and strive to work together as a dental team!
We offer our patients IV sedation dentistry, oral surgery, periodontal surgery, endo and basic restorative dentistry.
Our perfect candidate would be someone who is professional, organized and enjoys providing excellent dental care to our patients!