Magic Smiles – East is located just west of Phoenix Children’s Hospital on 16th St & Thomas. The office is located very close to the AZ51 the I10 freeways. The office is well situated to attract patients from all walks of life. We treat a wide variety of dental needs. The office is well staffed, well equipped, very spacious, and is family friendly. Our team members regularly utilize the large break room for birthday parties, monthly potlucks, and a variety of other team-building activities. We have a lot of fun. Come work with us and join the fun!
Magic Smiles operates 4 other dental offices in the valley (Phoenix, Chandler, and Mesa). At Magic Smiles we believe in delivering high quality and dignified dentistry to all who walk through our doors. The office manager, dentist, and dental assistants have been at the practice for many years and are excited to bring a new team member into the ‘family’.
At Magic Smiles we believe in treating patients – regardless of economic status – with the highest quality dentistry. Because of this, we pride ourselves on upholding the following values in everything we do:
- Dignified and consistent patient care and treatment
- Friendly, encouraging, and understanding engagement with patients
- Compliance with state and dental standards
- Efficient and quality dental services
- Respect the clock – our time, dentist’s time, and patient’s time
- Teamwork is not just a good idea, it is required
- Seek to understand first – them help fix the problem
We all share these core values - and so will the next team member we bring on!
A Day in the Life of a Front Office Team Member at Magic Smiles
On any given day you can expect to encounter the following:
- Arriving at least 15 min prior to when patients arrive to participate in morning huddles
- Working with a driven team of 4 other dental assistants
- Caring for patients who need affordable and high quality services
- Working in an office that sees all kinds of patients – young and old
- Treating every patient with respect and understanding
- Seeing between 30 - 45 patients each day
- Assisting through procedures in all areas of the clinical space (e.g. room setup/breakdown, four handed dentistry, sterilization, etc.)
- Contributing to supply and inventory management
This role is for you if…
- You love working in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- You thrive when you are challenged to learn something new and take on new roles
- You enjoy honest and timely communication
- You love working with younger patients
- You can’t live without honest feedback
- You absolutely love dentistry
- You want to learn and train to improve your assisting skills on a daily basis
- You understand the importance of treating others like you want to be treated
- Your attention to detail is exceptional and you prefer order and organization
- You are a self-starter and take initiative everyday
- You are driven by results, solutions, and impact
This role is not for you if…
- You prefer working solo as opposed to on a team
- You are uncomfortable being in close proximity with a wide variety of people daily
- Change makes you uncomfortable and you often resist it
- You treat this position as a job and not a career
- You are frequently late or have personal responsibilities that require you to miss work
- You do not enjoy working with the Hispanic community
What Winning Looks Like
- We support you in winning by reviewing metrics related to call conversion, schedule efficacy, fielding cancellations/no-shows, and data entry accuracy monthly and providing feedback, support, and training to set you up to succeed!
- Staying on time throughout the work day
- Your dental skills have expanded to take on more accelerated tasks and procedures
- You can manage your workload in a fashion that eliminates the need to work outside of shift hours.
- You don’t like dentistry
- You are a criminal
- You are not a human
Still want to join our team? Great! If you enjoy working with driven team members and are looking to make a difference in the community, apply today! We take culture very seriously, and because of that when it’s right, it’s right. If after reading the full job description you are thinking, “this sounds PERFECT for me”, then we want to get to know you. When you join the team here at Magic Smiles you can expect every day to be a fun adventure that you get to experience with a driven group of really cool people. We strive to be the best version of ourselves and hope you will too.
Apply now for this position. If we think you’re a great fit, we will reach out to you within 24 – 48 hours to set up a phone interview.