For our expanding dental office, we’re looking for a dental hygienist. You’ll help the dentist with numerous operations and x-ray equipment operations. You should have a current State hygiene license, up-to-date vaccinations, and previous experience as a dental hygienist to succeed in this position.
Dental hygienists teach children and adults how to care for their teeth and gums, as well as perform some dental operations. Their work is frequently overseen by a dentist, while individuals with additional training may be able to work alone.
Dental Hygienist Duties & Responsibilities:
- Cleaning accretions, calcareous deposits, and stains of teeth and beneath gum borders with dental equipment.
- By touching lymph nodes under patients’ chins for evidence of soreness or swelling, doctors can look for signs of mouth cancer.
- Making a note of and evaluating the patient’s medical history.
- Dental decay and disease are recorded in order for dentists to diagnose and treat them.
- Keeping the dental equipment and x-ray machine in good working order.
- Examining and feeling the gums for symptoms of disease, sores, and other dental problems.
- X-ray film exposure and development
- Dental instruments are sharpened and sterilized.
- To improve patient oral health, promote preventative dental treatment.
- Fluoride and other decay-prevention chemicals are used.
- Collaboration with dentists and dental hygienists.
- Maintaining a patient dental hygiene regimen.
Dental Hygienist Requirements:
- An associate’s degree in hygiene from a recognized institution is required.
- Hygiene license issued by the state.
- CPR certification is current.
- Hepatitis B immunization is current.
- Possess the ability to give local anesthetics.
- Possessing the ability to use an x-ray machine.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, and interpersonal).
- Comfortable with a variety of computer chores.
- Oral hygiene and dental health are topics on which they are well-versed.
- Full time position
- Benefits including Dental, Medical, Paid Holidays and Vacation
- Great Atmosphere
- Digital and paperless operation
- Ongoing training and professional development
- Opportunity for leadership and growth
- Job Type: Full-time