Associate Dentist - West Phoenix Office
5109 West Thomas Road Suite 300 Phoenix, AZ 85031
Magic Smiles is a fast-paced inner city AHCCCS clinic serving children, teens, and adults in Phoenix Arizona. With several locations around the valley our clinics have been in operations since 2005 and currently have an active patient base of 10,000. Operating with 2 full time dentists and one part-time hygienist and a part time orthodontist, this clinic had over 16,000 patient encounters in 2017.
Treatments include; exams and cleaning, restorations, extractions, crown and bridge, implants, endodontics, orthodontics, oral conscious sedation with each dentist seeing an average of 25+ patients per day.
Dentists typically do the following:
- Remove decay from teeth and fill cavities
- Repair cracked or fractured teeth and remove teeth
- Place sealants or whitening agents on teeth
- Administer anesthetics to keep patients from feeling pain during procedures
- Prescribe antibiotics or other medications
- Examine x rays of teeth, gums, the jaw, and nearby areas in order to diagnose problems
- Make models and measurements for dental appliances, such as dentures, to fit patients
- Teach patients about diets, flossing, the use of fluoride, and other aspects of dental care
Desired Skills and Education:
- Degree from accredited dental school
- Current dental license issued by the state of Arizona
- Willingness to Learn and participate in Mentorship Program
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Treat patients in a professional and friendly manner
- Team-building skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks
- Ability to work well independently and with others in fast-paced environment
- Thoroughly diagnose patients’ dental needs and formulate individualized treatment plans
- Ensure thorough documentation of patient charts which includes medical history, existing conditions and previous dental work. Progress notes need to be complete, clear and comprehensive.
- At the minimum, the doctor is responsible for providing treatment at the standard of care as defined by Clinical Director.
- Provide treatment to manage and/or eliminate dental disease, restore tooth function and aesthetics, and prevent future disease and/or decay
Monday through Friday, the clinic is open for operations from 8:00am to 5:30 pm, Saturdays from 7:45 to 12:00pm.
Dentists are expected to approve full time schedule/part time schedules (depending on the position you were hired for) a month in advance. Doctors are expected to work at least one Saturday shift per month.
The dentist participating in the Magic Smiles Associate Mentorship program will receive a minimum guarantee per day or a percentage of billable collections. The dentist will be contracted as an
Independent Contractor. Until such time as the dentist become fully credentialed with AHCCCS and the other payor plans, the dentist shall receive only the minimum daily guarantee for each day worked.
Income and Growth Potential
Will be discussed after AHCCCS credentialing is complete.