We are seeking a skilled and compassionate Dental Assistant to join our team. We are committed to providing comprehensive and patient-centered dental care while embracing a holistic approach to oral health. If you are passionate about delivering exceptional patient care and thrive in a supportive and progressive environment, we invite you to apply for this position.
As our Dental Assistant, your primary responsibilities will include:
- Assisting the dentist during a variety of dental procedures, including examinations, fillings, extractions, and root canals.
- Preparing and maintaining dental instruments, equipment, and treatment rooms for each patient.
- Taking and processing accurate digital X-rays, ensuring high-quality images for diagnostic purposes.
- Sterilizing and disinfecting dental instruments according to established infection control protocols.
- Welcoming patients, inquiring about their medical history, and preparing them for treatment.
- Ensuring the comfort of patients during procedures by providing reassurance and addressing their concerns.
- Educating patients on oral hygiene, post-treatment care, and preventive measures.
- Maintaining accurate and up-to-date patient records, including treatment charts, medical histories, and consent forms.
- Scheduling and managing patient appointments, confirmations, and reminders.
- Assisting with front office tasks, such as answering phone calls, filing, and processing payments.
- Staying updated with industry best practices, infection control protocols, and regulatory guidelines.
- High school diploma or equivalent; completion of a dental assistant program preferred.
- Previous experience as a dental assistant is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of dental procedures, instruments, and terminology.
- Proficient in taking and processing digital dental X-rays.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent manual dexterity.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Familiarity with dental software and appointment scheduling systems is a plus.
- Knowledge of infection control protocols and safety procedures.
- CPR certification preferred.