14640 N Tatum Blvd Phoenix, AZ 85032
Thank you for considering Peck Family Dentistry!
Private dental practice located in North Scottsdale looking to hire the newest addition to our amazing team! We are looking for a part-time Dental Assistant with some experience/interest in reception and office management. We are hoping for someone enthusiastic with a good work ethic, and ability to work independently and as part of a team. Applicants would work Wednesday (8AM-6PM), Thursday (8AM-5PM), and every other Friday morning (8:30AM-1:30PM), with possibility of some Monday afternoons (2PM-6PM). Starting pay is $19 per hour. A current Dental X-Ray Certification/License is required.
Duties and Responsibilities
Dental Assistants help dentists to ensure dental procedures go smoothly and patients are comfortable. Duties and responsibilities of the Dental Assistant include:
- preparing exam rooms, sterilizing and maintaining equipment, and ensuring the dentist is prepared for her patients before they are seated
- assisting dentists during procedures by handing them necessary instruments and anticipating their needs for each procedure
- taking digital x-rays for the dentist to assist in treatment planning
- updating and maintaining dental records
- processing lab work for dentists, including but not limited to: taking alginate impressions, pouring models of impressions, and preparing cases to be sent for processing at labs
- greeting patients as they arrive for scheduled appointments and updating health history and disclosure paperwork
- maintaining sterilization area and sterilization records
- cleaning and disinfecting exam rooms between patients using enhanced disinfection procedures as outlined by the CDC and ADA
- assisting in office administrative duties when necessary, such as: answering phone calls, scheduling patients, assisting with billing, etc.
Skills and Qualifications
- Current Dental X-Ray Certificate Required
- Approximately 2 years dental assisting experience or certificate in dental assisting preferred as the applicant will largely work independently
- Some reception/office administration experience preferred
- Some experience with the "Dentrix" program preferred
- Applicants must be over the age of 18, possess a high school diploma or GED, and be able to work year-round
- customer service and client communication skills
- organizational skills and ability to multitask/ work in a fast-paced environment