Dental Assistant - Fun Team!
2600 E. Southern Ave. Suite B-1 TEMPE, AZ 85282
As we move into our new office space we are looking for an additional friendly dental assistant with great people skills to join our long-established and growing private practice (owner-doctor) in Tempe, AZ. Our office team prides itself on excellent customer service for patients of all ages. A dental assistant needs to be well-organized, self-motivated, and show great attention to detail. We prefer the dental assistant to have two years experience but we are willing to train. Please submit your resume.
We value our employees’ time and quality of life, so we offer:
- Dental Coverage for employees and their dependents
- Paid vacation
- 401K plan
- Paid continuing education
- Full time position (32-36 hours per week, Mon.-Thurs., one Friday half-day per month)
- X-ray certification (required)
- 2 years experience in a dental office preferred
- Consistently professional appearance and attitude with a willingness to learn new things
- High-school diploma or equivalent minimum
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Experience using computers for a variety of tasks (Windows, Softdent, email and image management)
- Exceptional multi-tasking skills
- Detail oriented and takes pride in a job well-done
- Team player, willing to help others
- Welcome and check in patients
- Prepare patients for treatments or checkups ensuring their comfort
- Select and set up instruments, equipment and materials needed
- Take needed intra-oral and panoramic radiographs
- Sterilize instruments
- Helping with infection control by sterilizing & disinfecting instruments, setting up instrument trays, preparing materials, and assisting with dental procedures.
- Undertake lab tasks as instructed
- Provide oral hygiene and post-operative care instructions for patients
- Keep the treatment and sterilization rooms clean and well-stocked
- Forming preliminary impressions and digital scanning.
- Taking X-ray and other diagnostic imaging & caring for equipment
- Schedule appointments and assist front desk as needed.
- Maintain accurate patient records and assist with payment procedures
- Present treatment plans to patients
- Knowledge of dental instruments and sterilization methods
- Understanding of health & safety regulations
- Ability to perform regulated non-surgical tasks
- Certificate for coronal polishing is a plus
- Additional certification or training is an asset (e.g. EFDA)
- Well-organized and reliable
The health and appearance of a person’s smile can impact both your overall well-being as well as your outlook. A beautiful smile to look at and in top condition enhances your quality of life and is a source of self-esteem. Dr. John Fletcher takes great pride in offering the latest technology and the most comfortable solutions for our customer’s smiles.
Exemplary personalized patient care, outstanding aesthetic results, compassion, and integrity are the paramount values of our practice. We know that for many individuals, a visit to the dentist can be stressful. That is why in addition to achieving dental excellence, we strive to create an environment that is both gentle and caring. We take the time to listen to our patient’s dental goals and concerns and then customize a treatment plan based on what works best for our patients.
As a general, preventive, restorative, and cosmetic dentist in Tempe, Dr. Fletcher offers an extensive range of oral health care services to meet the dental needs of every member of the family.