Topeka, KS 66614
We are hiring a Registered Dental Hygienist for our growing company. Our Hygiene department is the heartbeat of our practice and we are looking for a motivated, goal-orientated individual to help provide the most efficient dental care for our community.
If you think fit well into this position and are looking for a rewarding career in Dental Hygiene, we’d love to hear from you.
· Perform hygiene clinical procedures, including cleanings, prophy, periodontal maintenance, scaling and root planning, sealants, flouride, oral cancer screenings and x-rays
· Communicate with doctor where there are opportunities in patients for restorative and/or periodontal needs
· Obtain and review dental history and/or records from patient (review patient health history and care slips). Ensure that the health history is updated for all returning patients
· Educate patients regarding the importance of oral hygiene, as well as instruction and demonstration of effective oral hygiene methods
· Partner with team members to assist in ensuring patients have an incredible experience
· Partner with Lead Hygienist to own and drive the Hygiene schedule; schedule appoints as needed
· Maintain strict compliance with State, Federal, and other regulations, (e.g., OSHA, WC, Dental Board, HIPAA, ADA, FEHA, DOL, HR policies and practices)
Experience and Competencies
· Associate’s degree from an accredited Hygiene program
· Current State Dental Hygiene License
· Current CPR Certification
· Anesthesia Certification
· Strong working knowledge of Dentrix