Payroll Specialist and Human Resources
222 South Mill Avenue Suite 800 Tempe , AZ 85281
People Ops & Payroll Specialist
Gen4 is looking to add another employee-centric People Ops Specialist to the People Operations team! The right candidate keeps the employee experience top of mind while supporting the People Operations team in driving People programs and processes via administrative execution. This role is ideal for someone who can work autonomously while producing high-quality, timely results in support of People Ops efforts.
People Operations Key Responsibilities
- Respond to incoming employee queries in a timely manner, triaging to the appropriate key stakeholder(s)
- Support the onboarding and off boarding processes by owning administrative functions
- Support the People Team in ongoing initiatives spanning across multiple HR focus areas - Engagement, Performance, Compensation, Culture & Philanthropy
Payroll Key Responsibilities
- Ensures accurate and timely processing of payroll, including timesheet updates, entering new hires, terminations, and changes to pay rates.
- Maintains and processes information in the HRIS system; information may include employees’ hourly rates, salaries, commissions, bonuses or other compensation, time worked, paid leave and holidays, and other information.
- 2+ years of experience in Human Resources; basic understanding of HR systems and processes in critical and required
- 2+ years of experience in executing end-to-end payroll processes
- Ability to handle confidential data and maintain confidentiality
- Excellent communication skills, organizational skills, and attention to detail.
- Strong working knowledge of Excel and isolved
This job operates in a clerical, office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk; hear; stand or walk. The employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; and climb stairs. The employee must occasionally lift or move office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
The worker is required to have visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing data and figures; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; and/or operating a motor vehicle.