Effective wage for a Hygienist ranges from $41-48/hour dependent on education, experience, responsibilities and performance.
Effective wage range for this position (base wage plus value of PTO, paid holidays, bonuses, benefits and more) extends up to $58/hour!
AZPerio (www.AZPerio.com) is looking for energetic, personable hygienist who is passionate about dental hygiene and delivering excellent patient care.
- Amazing full benefits, PTO, employee appreciation, and perks
- Premier specialty private practice - with offices throughout Arizona
- Paid CE courses and opportunities for professional development
- Work in a collaborative environment with a team-based care model
- Recipient of “Best Places to Work in Arizona” award
- 2 years as an RDH preferred, but we’re always open to meeting with new graduates
- Local anesthesia license (required)
- Passion for periodontal disease (required)
Become a Part of Our Team
If you are looking to make an impact, AZPerio is your destination. AZPerio is a comprehensive periodontal group of 8 board certified periodontists practicing at facilities throughout Arizona.
- Greet and escort patient from the waiting area to the hygiene operatory room in a professional, friendly and hospitable manner.
- Deliver direct patient care to patients as assigned using established dental hygiene procedures.
- Develop and implement individualized dental care plans for patients: performs patient education, discharge planning and patient/family teaching.
- Assess dental condition and needs of patient: uses patient screen procedures to include review of medical history questionnaire, dental charting and perio charting.
- Take patients’ vital signs prior to the administration of anesthesia.
- Administer local anesthetic agents.
- Document dental history or chief complaint. Record and reports pertinent observations and patient reactions to dental staff as appropriate.
- Assist and implement emergency measures for sudden adverse developments during treatment of patients.
- Perform patient triage and initiates patient care as appropriate for walk-in patients in cases of emergency.
- Set up and break down of hygiene operatory rooms on the daily schedule.
- Prepare materials needed for the prescribed hygiene treatment.
- Clean calcareous deposits, accretions and stains from teeth and beneath margins of gums using dental instruments.
- Remove excess cement from coronal surfaces of teeth.
- Apply fluorides and other cavity preventing agents to arrest dental decay.
- Feel and visually examine oral soft tissue and gums using probes to locate periodontal recessed gums and signs of gum disease.
- Feel lymph nodes under patient’s chin to detect swelling or tenderness that could indicate presence of oral cancer.
- Process digital images.
- Chart conditions of decay and disease for diagnosis and treatment by the doctor.
- Schedule next appointment.
- Provide clinical services and health education to improve and maintain oral health.
- Assists in the patient admission, transfer and discharge process as required with patient reception, telephone calls and other office duties.
- Prepares/updates letters and follow-up reports on patients.
- Demonstrates knowledge of, supports, and implements company mission, vision, value statement, standards, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality standards, and the code of ethical behavior.
- Follows proper OSHA protocols in sterilizing hygiene instruments and reports any equipment or instrument malfunctions to their supervisor.
- Demonstrates knowledge of, supports, and implements company mission, vision, value statements, standards, policies and procedures, operating instructions and confidentiality standards.
- Any other relevant duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge and understanding of federal, state and institutional regulations and guidelines for the provision of outpatient services.
- Knowledge and understanding of dental hygiene and associated procedures, terminology and techniques.
- Knowledge of office software, including MS Office, PerioVision, Dexis and digital imaging software.
- Ability to multi-task, organize/coordinate/prioritize work efficiently and to work under stress, with interruptions and deadlines.
- Ability to independently assess the nature and extent of dental, periodontal and associated conditions and pathology in patients.
- Ability for manual dexterity for use of dental instruments within a patient’s mouth with little room for error.
- Active listening skills to give attention to what other people are saying, take time to understand the points being made, asking questions, as appropriate.
- Ability to maintain organization in a changing environment; maintaining a flexible attitude and approach towards assignments.
Why work for us?
Comprehensive Benefits and/or Unique Perks or Incentives available to our employees:
- Recognized by AZCentral as a "Top Company to Work for in Arizona"
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short & Long-Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Team building and family inclusive events
- Paid time off (PTO) for vacation, sick leave, mental and preventative health days, and company-recognized holidays
- Direct Deposit
- Birthday PTO
- Holiday Celebrations
- Discounts on Verizon Cell Phone services and Real Estate fees
- Monthly Lunch
- Gym and childcare discounts
- Paid Certifications
- Educational Workshops & Mentorship opportunities
- Employee recognition and appreciation
- Special access to discounted tickets to Disneyland, Disney World, Six Flags, New York, and Las Vegas shows-- and even more