Dental Surgical Assistant
5300 N Central Ave Phoenix, AZ 85012
Hourly wage for a dental surgical assistant ranges from $20-25/hour dependent on education, experience, responsibilities and performance. Effective wage range for this position (base wage plus value of PTO, paid holidays, bonuses, benefits and more) extends up to $38/hour!
One of Arizona's top companies to work for is looking for experienced dental professionals!
AZPerio is looking for a qualified dental surgical assistant to join our growing practices. The dental surgical assistant is an integral part of the team. Core responsibilities include assisting with checkups and surgical procedures related to gums, tissue, and bone as well as operating secondary and tertiary equipment and tools required for a given procedure
- Ability to understand the fundamentals of Microsoft office programs including Word
- Perio/OS knowledge preferred
- Straumann/Astra implant systems knowledge
- Busy environment, experience in high volume practice
- CPR certification, X-ray certification, and required OSHA certifications
- Knowledge of infection control and emergency response procedures
- Excellent customer service, communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in computer and keyboarding
- Positive attitude and drive to learn and grow
- Demonstrates knowledge and proficiency in all tasks and responsibilities in the dental surgical department and provides technical assistance when needed.
- Analyzes internal processes to recommend and implement procedural or policy changes to improve operations.
- Ensures that accountabilities for all clinical staff at their location are executed as expected.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as assigned by clinical team leader.
- Demonstrates knowledge of, supports, and implements company mission, vision, value statements, standards, policies and procedures, operating instructions and confidentiality standards.
- Any other relevant duties as assigned.
Why work for us?
Comprehensive benefits and unique Perks are available to our employees:
- Recognized by AZCentral as a "Top Company to Work for in Arizona" several years running
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term Disability and Long-term Disability
- 401(k) with complimentary company contributions
- Bonus Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Team building and family inclusive events
- Paid time off (PTO) for vacation, sick leave, mental and preventative health days and company-recognized holidays
- Company Paid Holidays and Floating Holidays
- Birthday Paid Day Off
- Direct Deposit
- Holiday Celebrations
- Discounts on Verizon Cell Phone services
- Gym and childcare discounts
- Paid Certifications
- Educational Workshops & Mentorship opportunities
- Employee recognition and appreciation
- Special access to discounted tickets to Disneyland, Disney World, Six Flags, New York and Las Vegas shows-- and more
During these uncertain times of COVID-19, AZPerio has remained committed to the safety & success of our employees, patients and referring practices on every level. AZ Perio is an industry front runner in clinical safety standards & has ensured stability throughout the COVID-19 crisis for its employees by avoiding layoffs and furloughs, providing childcare connections and financial support, provided guaranteed payroll, allowed extra paid time off, and so much more!
By responding to us, you are committed to joining a winning team with a track record of excellence, both chair side and in the community. Check out our website at www.azperio.com.