7425 E Shea Blvd, #110 Scottsdale, AZ 85255
Dental Hygienist - All Valley Offices
During these uncertain times of COVID-19, AZ Perio has remained committed to the safety & success of our employees, patients and referring practices on every level. AZ Perio is an industry front runner in clinical safety standards & has ensured stability throughout the COVID-19 crisis for its employees by avoiding layoffs and furloughs, providing childcare connections and financial support, provided guaranteed payroll, allowed extra paid time off, and so much more!
AZPerio (www.AZPerio.com) is always looking for energetic, personable hygienists who are passionate about dental hygiene and delivering excellent patient care.
- Amazing full benefits, PTO, employee appreciation, and perks
- Premier specialty private practice - with offices throughout Arizona
- Paid CE courses and opportunities for professional development
- Work in a collaborative environment with a team-based care model
- Recipient of “Best Places to Work in Arizona” award
- 2 years as an RDH preferred, but we’re always open to meeting with new graduates
- Local anesthesia license (required)
- Passion for periodontal disease (required)
Become a Part of Our Team
If you are looking to make an impact, AZPerio is your destination. AZPerio is a comprehensive periodontal group of 8 board certified periodontists practicing at facilities throughout Arizona.
- Greet and escort patient from the waiting area to the hygiene operatory room in a professional, friendly and hospitable manner.
- Deliver direct patient care to patients as assigned using established dental hygiene procedures.
- Develop and implement individualized dental care plans for patients: performs patient education, discharge planning and patient/family teaching.
- Assess dental condition and needs of patient: uses patient screen procedures to include review of medical history questionnaire, dental charting and perio charting.
- Take patients’ vital signs prior to the administration of anesthesia.
- Administer local anesthetic agents.
- Document dental history or chief complaint. Record and reports pertinent observations and patient reactions to dental staff as appropriate.
- Assist and implement emergency measures for sudden adverse developments during treatment of patients.
- Perform patient triage and initiates patient care as appropriate for walk-in patients in cases of emergency.
- Set up and break down of hygiene operatory rooms on the daily schedule.
- Prepare materials needed for the prescribed hygiene treatment.
- Clean calcareous deposits, accretions and stains from teeth and beneath margins of gums using dental instruments.
- Remove excess cement from coronal surfaces of teeth.
- Apply fluorides and other cavity preventing agents to arrest dental decay.
- Feel and visually examine oral soft tissue and gums using probes to locate periodontal recessed gums and signs of gum disease.
- Feel lymph nodes under patient’s chin to detect swelling or tenderness that could indicate presence of oral cancer.
- Process digital images.
- Chart conditions of decay and disease for diagnosis and treatment by the doctor.
- Schedule next appointment.
- Provide clinical services and health education to improve and maintain oral health.
- Assists in the patient admission, transfer and discharge process as required with patient reception, telephone calls and other office duties.
- Prepares/updates letters and follow-up reports on patients.
- Demonstrates knowledge of, supports, and implements company mission, vision, value statement, standards, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality standards, and the code of ethical behavior.
- Follows proper OSHA protocols in sterilizing hygiene instruments and reports any equipment or instrument malfunctions to their supervisor.
- Demonstrates knowledge of, supports, and implements company mission, vision, value statements, standards, policies and procedures, operating instructions and confidentiality standards.
- Any other relevant duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge and understanding of federal, state and institutional regulations and guidelines for the provision of outpatient services.
- Knowledge and understanding of dental hygiene and associated procedures, terminology and techniques.
- Knowledge of office software, including MS Office, PerioVision, Dexis and digital imaging software.
- Ability to multi-task, organize/coordinate/prioritize work efficiently and to work under stress, with interruptions and deadlines.
- Ability to independently assess the nature and extent of dental, periodontal and associated conditions and pathology in patients.
- Ability for manual dexterity for use of dental instruments within a patient’s mouth with little room for error.
- Active listening skills to give attention to what other people are saying, take time to understand the points being made, asking questions, as appropriate.
- Ability to maintain organization in a changing environment; maintaining a flexible attitude and approach towards assignments.
Why work for us?
Comprehensive Benefits and/or Unique Perks or Incentives available to our employees:
- Recognized by AZCentral as a "Top Company to Work for in Arizona"
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short & Long-Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Team building and family inclusive events
- Paid time off (PTO) for vacation, sick leave, mental and preventative health days, and company-recognized holidays
- Direct Deposit
- Birthday PTO
- Holiday Celebrations
- Discounts on Verizon Cell Phone services and Real Estate fees
- Monthly Lunch
- Gym and childcare discounts
- Paid Certifications
- Educational Workshops & Mentorship opportunities
- Employee recognition and appreciation
- Special access to discounted tickets to Disneyland, Disney World, Six Flags, New York, and Las Vegas shows-- and even more