Clinical Care Specialist - Hygiene
7425 E Shea Blvd, #110 Scottsdale, AZ 85255
*$500 sign on bonus*
Base wage range is $16- $23/hour dependent on education, experience, responsibilities and performance.
Effective wage range for this position (base wage plus value of PTO, paid holidays, bonuses, benefits and more) extends up to $28/hour!
AZPerio is looking for a passionate and motivated hygiene assistant to join our growing practice as we make "Good Things Happen for Other People."
- High School Graduate
- Knowledge of infection control
- Excellent customer service, communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in computer and keyboarding
- Positive attitude and willingness to grow
Become a Part of Our Team
If you are looking to make an impact, AZPerio is your destination. AZPerio is a comprehensive periodontal group of 9 board-certified specialists practicing at our offices throughout the Valley and in Northern Arizona. Our core values, listed below, are essential to the successful execution of our mission and fulfillment of our vision statement:
- Integrity – to maintain the highest standards of professional and personal ethics
- Compassion – for patients and their families
- Excellence – in everything we do
- Responsibility – to ensure that all members of AZPerio are accountable to each other and our clients for the core values of Integrity, Compassion, and Excellence
1. Demonstrates knowledge and proficiency in all tasks and responsibilities to aid in the hygiene department and provides technical assistance when needed.
2. Reviews and confirms Maintenance Hygiene patient charts 1-2 weeks in advance for all hygienists at their designated location.
3. Assists in updating medical history for each patient and input any changes to medications into the computer software.
4. Assists in taking patient’s blood pressure, x-rays, and necessary photos.
5. Calls referring offices to inquire upon x-rays and any relevant questions.
6. Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned by clinical team leader or hygiene lead.
7. Prepares monthly osseous reports.
8. Calls all Osseous surgery patients 2 weeks after procedure to review OHI and make sure they are scheduled for their POT/OHI and periodontal maintenance appointment.
9. Assists with Recare by calling patients and scheduling their years’ worth of maintenance appointments.
10. Develops a thorough knowledge of perio charting through ClinicalVision, inputting information into the Electronic Health Record, and navigating through PerioVision.
11. Remains efficient in breaking down, disinfecting, and setting up hygiene rooms with proper infection control.
12. Follows consistent hand hygiene routine throughout the clinical day.
13. Follows proper OSHA protocols in sterilizing hygiene instruments and reports any equipment or instrument malfunctions to their supervisor.
14. Properly communicates to keep the doctor on top of their hygiene exams.
15. Follows office protocols in writing up treatment plans, reviewing consent forms, and entering prescriptions for patients when necessary.
16. Demonstrates knowledge of, supports, and implements company mission, vision, value statements, standards, policies and procedures, operating instructions and confidentiality standards.
17. Any other relevant duties as assigned.
18. Active learning skills to understand the implications of new information for both current and future problem solving and decision-making.
19. Strong time management skills; the ability to multi-task and establish priorities, to manage one’s own time and the time of others for efficient flow of work in the clinical department.
20. Ability to communicate effectively sensitive information, when speaking and/or writing, to respond quickly/ thoroughly to maximize customer satisfaction to common inquiries on dental procedures and/or complaints from patients and co-workers.
21. Ability to multi-task; to organize, coordinate, and prioritize work efficiently and to work under stress, with interruptions and deadlines; to concentrate on a task over a period of time, without being distracted.
22. Ability to read, listen to, and understand information and ideas presented verbally and/or in writing for input into the computer information system.
23. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where broad standardization exists; to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong; to recognize and solve the problem.
24. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form; to follow complex instructions and think logically in following procedures and instructions.
25. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision on assigned tasks, as well as to accept direction on given assignments.
26. Ability to maintain organization in a changing environment; maintaining a flexible attitude and approach towards assignments.
-Dental assisting experience
-Experience in high volume practice
By responding to us, you are committed to joining a winning team with a track record of excellence, both chairside and in the community. Check out our website at www.azperio.com
Why work for us?
Comprehensive benefits and unique Perks are available to our employees:
- Recognized by AZCentral as a "Top Company to Work for in Arizona" several years running
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term Disability and Long-term Disability
- 401(k) with complimentary company contributions
- Bonus Program
- Hazard Pay
- Employee Assistance Program
- Team building and family inclusive events
- Paid time off (PTO) for vacation, sick leave, mental and preventative health days and company-recognized holidays
- Company Paid Holidays and Floating Holidays
- Birthday Paid Day Off
- Direct Deposit
- Holiday Celebrations
- Discounts on Verizon Cell Phone services and Real Estate fees
- Gym and childcare discounts
- Paid Certifications
- Educational Workshops & Mentorship opportunities
- Employee recognition and appreciation
- Special access to discounted tickets to Disneyland, Disney World, Six Flags, New York and Las Vegas shows-- and even more
During these uncertain times of COVID-19, AZ Perio has remained committed to the safety & success of our employees, patients and referring practices on every level. AZ Perio is an industry front runner in clinical safety standards & has ensured stability throughout the COVID-19 crisis for its employees by avoiding layoffs and furloughs, providing childcare connections and financial support, provided guaranteed payroll, allowed extra paid time off, and so much more!