PR Account Manager
PO Box 1775 Scottsdale, AZ 85252
An Account Manager works closely with the PR/Marketing Director and President to create multi-faceted PR and marketing plans independently, and he/she oversees junior team members responsible for various facets of execution.
Strategic, creative and resourceful, an Account Manager has superior planning and writing skills, as well as established relationships with key media, influencers and business/community leaders. He/she is an excellent problem solver and ensures all account activities are results-oriented and goal-focused.
With minimal direction, the Account Manager resolves client and staff challenges, motivates team members and actively mentors junior staff. The ideal candidate can juggle multiple projects/clients at once while meeting all deadlines and implementing new processes and systems to help both Aker Ink and clients operate more efficiently.
Must demonstrate superior PR and marketing planning capabilities using a variety of strategies and tactics including media relations, social media, content marketing, email marketing and other digital and traditional communications. Has established relationships with key journalists, influencers and business/community leaders.
Must demonstrate superior PR and marketing writing capabilities, with deep knowledge of various styles and structures per content piece (i.e. press communications, white papers, case studies, email, websites, social media, etc.).
This is a work-from-home position, so the right candidate is highly self-motivated, independent and able to effectively manage and mentor team members remotely. While primarily remote, the Aker Ink team is very collaborative and meets in-person regularly.
A “can do” attitude is essential, coupled with an understanding that all tasks, no matter how fundamental, contribute to the overall success of a campaign. We take pride in our work at all levels, and encourage everyone to bring fresh ideas to the table.
- 7+ years professional experience in PR, marketing, communications or journalism (agency experience preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree in PR, marketing, communications, journalism or related field
- Proficient in AP Style
- Highly experienced with Cision for media list development and research
- Highly experienced with WordPress and/or related content management systems for updating website copy and publishing blogs
- Highly experienced with social media tools and networks, including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter
- Highly punctual and deadline driven
- Driven to grow and seek out learning opportunities
- Must have your own computer (relevant software and subscriptions provided)
An Account Manager’s duties include, but are not limited to:
- Actively drive plan execution and oversee junior team members to ensure all client initiatives are carried out effectively and efficiently
- Mentor and motivate junior team members; lead by example and take personal responsibility for outcomes
- Serve as a key contact for client service, providing strategic counsel in collaboration with Senior Account Executive, Director of Public Relations and President
- Ensure the approval process with clients, strategic partners and stakeholders is fluid, smooth and effective
- Complete other account services tasks, as assigned by the President
- Create multi-faceted PR and marketing plans and help oversee a team responsible for execution
- Identify client needs and pain points; brainstorm and implement ideas to overcome challenges, break barriers, strategically build brand awareness and achieve PR/marketing goals
- Oversee and train junior team members to assertively pitch local, national and trade media, shifting directions as needed
- Work with junior team members to build their public relations skills
- Contribute to and drive lead generation strategies using various marketing communications based on client need, goal and budget
- Work with strategic partners to develop marketing communications, offering direction on design, aesthetics, functionality and usability
- Both create and oversee a team that develops PR materials and marketing communications, including press releases, awards, social media content, blogs, emails, brochures and sales kits
- Both create and oversee a team that develops in-depth content as part of a content marketing strategy, including white papers, case studies, video scripts and articles
- Provide team with clear direction on tone and style, per medium
- Proofread a wide variety of PR and marketing communications with a critical eye for flow and effective targeting, per medium
- Create social media plans and strategies; offer creative, outcome-based ideas and tactics
- Manage and assign projects to junior team members that foster individual strengths
- Closely monitor progress and determine when the strategy needs to be refined or shifted
- 401(k) with company match
- Health insurance plan
- Flex scheduling upon approval
- Reimbursement/fees covered for industry association memberships and events
- Environment and culture that supports physical and mental wellness
Aker Ink Corporate Values
- Quality: Critical thinking, resourcefulness and adhering to deadlines are the pillars of producing high-quality work.
- Strategic Thinking: A clear vision and set of actions that aligns to the client's brand and goals will set them ahead of their competitors.
- Continuous Improvement: Dedicate time to build a network and connections in the PR, marketing and creative fields. Continually seek out best practices, including new ways of thinking and executing.
- Balance: Maintain a healthy work/life balance that includes physical and mental wellness. Be flexible, when necessary, to meet goals.