Full Stack Developer
North Vancouver, BC V7P 3P9
Enchant is looking for an experienced Full Stack Developer to help with the development, maintenance and updates to our web application, ticketing system integration, custom features with a keen eye for design (UI, UX and interactions) for the position. The Full Stack Developer will be accountable and responsible for ensuring the alignment of web design and user experience requirements, optimizing web pages for maximum efficiency, maintaining brand consistency across all web pages, managing the interchange of data between the server and the users.
To be successful in this role, you will need extensive knowledge of programming languages and the software development life-cycle. You will be required to work in teams alongside Technical Director, Project Manager, Frontend Developer, API Developer and User Experience Designers to ensure all elements of web creation are consistent. This requires excellent communication and interpersonal skills. In addition, being able to think quickly is critical. When things do not go as planned, the show must go on and the Full Stack Developer must find solutions before anyone else notices an issue.
This role is expected to be involved in the entire web and product development process, including but not limited to:
- Developing backend website applications and integrations.
- Optimization of the application for maximum speed, responsiveness and scalability of data transmission.
- Implementation of best practices around security and data protection.
- Design and implementation of hosting, database and storage solutions.
- Implementing scalable backend functionality using auto scaling parameters.
- Determining the structure and architecture for new features, updates and third party integrations.
- Modifying software to fix errors, improve its performance and upgrades.
- Directing system testing and validation procedures for best quality.
- Directing backend system programming and documentation development.
- Identify and uphold engineering best practices on current development/devops workflow built on AWS/GCP and Gitlab.
- Participate in requirements analysis, code reviews and website launch.
- Produce and maintain engineering-related documents and workflow.
- Think outside the box to elegantly solve complex challenges.
- Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies and introduce them to the team.
- Making sure inline comments are added in code for referencing.
- Degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- Experience with API integrations for frontend and external vendors.
- Experience with Restful API or GraphQL integrations.
- DevOps management for continuous deployments using Gitlab.
- Experience with setup of multi environments configuration for qa, staging and production with deployment flows implementation.
- Proficiency with server side languages such as Node JS, Python, Ruby, Java, PHP and .Net. Any other languages will be a plus.
- Experience with CDN and auto scaling configuration optimization.
- Experience with Headless CMS integration using API endpoints.
- Understanding of server-side development and rendering.
- Understanding of accessibility and security compliance with database sets.
- Proficient understanding of OWASP security principles.
- Familiarity with database technology such as noSQL databases, MySQL, Oracle, MongoDB and others.
- Understanding of key design and development principles.
- Good understanding of CSS preprocessors such as LESS and SASS.
- Experience with responsive and adaptive development.
- Understanding of SEO principles around page and meta structures.
- Strong functional QA testing skills for cross device and browsers.
We are looking for a candidate with experience in the following:
- Experience with source control (GitLab), unit testing and deployments
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system.
- Management of hosting environment, including database administration and scaling an application to support load changes.
- Understanding of “session management” in a distributed server environment.
- Experience with AWS services such as EBS, S3, RDS, Route53, or similar services on GCP including AppEngine, ComputeEngine etc.
- Experience with containerization of applications using Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience with Firebase Hosting and Functions is a strong plus.
- Experience with product development, sales funnels, ticketing and/or financial systems and large datasets/user base is strong asset.
- Proficiency with the modern front end frameworks (ReactJS or VueJS).
- Previous experience with data visualization libraries is an asset.
- Experience with source control (GitLab), unit testing, task tracking and CI/CD deployments.
- Experience in implementing data integration with frontend using API sources.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Proficiency in problem-solving and analytical thinking.
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- A proven track record for writing clean, high quality, maintainable and well-documented code.
ENCHANT FIVE STAR VALUES
Five Star Values (required of all Enchant consultants and employees, regardless of position)
● Exceptional service: Takes assertive action to build internal and external customer relationships and loyalty; meets or exceeds the needs of individuals (i.e., residents, students, program participants and co- workers) and provides satisfaction within available resources.
● Collaboration: Initiates and participates in mutually beneficial alliances, partnerships and joint work efforts within work group and across departments and organizational lines; helps others achieve overall organizational high performance, quality outcomes and Enchant’s goals and objectives.
● Accountability for Positive Outcomes: Takes personal responsibility for meeting and exceeding goals and standards; acts continuously to improve services; seeks opportunities for continuous development; assumes responsibility for errors and learns from them.
● Fosters Innovation: Initiates and responds to change positively; seeks and recommends or implements creative improvements in services; encourages and applies out-of-the-box thinking; challenges current practices when they are counter to goal achievement; focuses on doing the right things as well as doing things right to accomplish strategic objectives.
● Values Company Family: Creates an atmosphere of accepting all others; treats co-workers, interns, volunteers, program participants, visitors, and business partners with dignity and respect; continually strives to include all others to produce higher quality services; builds positive, productive work relationships.
(Required of all Enchant consultants and employees, regardless of position.)
1. Follows all departmental/company policies and procedures, setting an example by
actions, interactions, and reactions, and makes suggestions for improvements.
2. Follows safety rules and guidelines.
3. Participates in the execution of an emergency management plan and can locate what to do in the plan for various events.
4. Follows requirements of Enchant Employee Handbook including attendance, demeanor, and work habits to the extent applicable.
5. Acts in accordance with the Mission and Attributes, Core Values of Enchant at all times.
6. Is proactive in promoting the vision of Enchant and experience of each person served.
7. Reports incidents of abuse, neglect, or mistreatment promptly.
8. Adheres to Policy on Ethical Conduct and reports violations.
9. Executes responsibilities in an effective and efficient manner.
10. Other duties as assigned.