North Vancouver, BC V7L 0A3
Enchant Christmas Light Maze & Market Ltd.
Suite 304 - 901 3rd Street West, North Vancouver, BC V7P 3P9
SCOPE OF WORK – Sales Associate
Position Title: Sales Associate (SA)
Reports to: Director of Business Development
Reports from: None
Revision Date: April 11, 2019
The Sales Associate is focused on revenue generating activities that include: account management, sponsorship management, private event sales, group sales and general ticket revenue development. A key member of the Business Development Department and reporting to the Director of Business Development, the SA, will understand the value proposition of Enchant events for corporate partners and general public guests. The SA is skilled in identifying customer needs and providing solutions based on Enchant event assets, including Suites, VIP service, specialty activations, and personalized touches that ensure every patron has an exceptional experience from their first engagement with Enchant to post event. This department is managed successfully through an intensity to explore and address a high volume of customer inquiries while providing quality customer service. The SA will work closely with the Director of Business Development through a coordinated strategy to identify sustaining partners that are brand aligned and offer a high value for its guests. The SA must be confident, articulate, diplomatic, yet willing to speak frankly to prospective customers when needed with high emotional intelligence. The SA must be self-motivated and self-directed to achieve his or her professional goals as well as the Enchant’s goals. We expect a strong sales background and a documented history of converting leads into satisfied guests.
- Proactively research, identify & pursue prospective new accounts
- Manage leads, information, and activities in a CRM system
- Prepare and send information to prospective customers and follow up on potential sales
- Answer incoming calls and private event and sales inquiries
- Meet or exceed monthly sales goals established by the Director of Business Development
- Attend events and develop leads (tradeshows, Chambers of Commerce, community events.)
PROGRAM SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
Ticketing & Ticket Sales
- Managing ticket requests from charities and sponsors.
- Responding to customer ticket inquiries.
- Managing suite and VIP ticket inquiries.
- Communicating with Enchant’s venue partners to ensure capacity and customer needs are met.
- Assisting and providing information to large corporate groups.
- Updating the Director of Business Development on ticket progress and potential areas of improvement.
- Working alongside the Ticketing team to assist in any customer service related issues.
- Providing guests with solutions to unique situations for their needs.
Full Cycle Corporate Sales
- Corporate account management.
- Identifying potential corporate groups.
- Managing inbound/outbound event sales inquiries.
- Building sales decks and templates.
- Providing Admin support through the booking process; liaising directly with Enchant venue partners’ teams.
- Follow up with guests post event - to better understand their experience and develop relationships to encourage including Enchant in their holiday tradition.
- Data collection of potential Market Vendors; building prospecting lists.
- Email and phone communication to create leads and sell vendor spaces (in conjunction with local Market Manager efforts).
- Securing vendors for Enchant’s Christmas Markets.
- Identifying potential market partners to work with on theme nights.
- Account management and sales experience.
- Outgoing and adept at creating professional relationships.
- Track record of successful achievement of assigned quotas.
- Experience in selling to corporate and executive level clients.
- Ability to manage a pipeline of 50+ accounts at any given time
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Must possess strong leadership, motivational, and presentation skills
- Proven success prospecting, building a pipeline, moving opportunities through the sales cycle; proposing, presenting and discussing solutions with Corporate level and other decision-makers.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience.
- Exceptional communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Strong attention to detail and ability to QA own work.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Knowledgeable and proficient with Google Suite.
- Familiarity with presentation software like Canva, Keynote or PowerPoint is preferred but not required.
- Experience with customer resource management software such as Salesforce is a plus, but also not required.
- Must be able to travel 20%+
ENCHANT FIVE STAR VALUES
Five Star Values (required of all Enchant consultants and employees, regardless of position)
- Exceptional service: Takes assertive action to build internal and external customer relationships and loyalty; meets or exceeds the needs of individuals (i.e., residents, students, program participants and co- workers) and provides satisfaction within available resources.
- Collaboration: Initiates and participates in mutually beneficial alliances, partnerships and joint work efforts within work group and across department and organizational lines; helps other achieve overall organizational high performance, quality outcomes and Enchant’s goals and objectives.
- Accountability for Positive Outcomes: Takes personal responsibility for meeting and exceeding goals and standards; acts continuously to improve services; seeks opportunities for continuous development; assumes responsibility for errors and learns from them.
- Fosters Innovation: Initiates and responds to change positively; seeks and recommends or implements creative improvements in services; encourages and applies out-of-the-box thinking; challenges current practices when they are counter to goal achievement; focuses on doing the right things as well as doing things right to accomplish strategic objectives.
- Values Company Family: Creates an atmosphere of accepting all others; treats co-workers, interns, volunteers, program participants, visitors, and business partners with dignity and respect; continually strives to include all others to produce higher quality services; builds positive, productive work relationships.
(Required of all Enchant consultants and employees, regardless of position.)
- Follows all departmental/company policies and procedures, setting an example by actions, interactions, and reactions, and makes suggestions for improvements.
- Follows safety rules and guidelines.
- Participates in the execution of emergency management plan and can locate what to do in the plan for various events.
- Follows requirements of Enchant Employee Handbook including attendance, demeanor, and work habits to the extent applicable.
- Acts in accordance with the Mission and Attributes, Core Values of Enchant at all times.
- Is proactive in promoting the vision of Enchant and experience of each persons served.
- Reports incidents of abuse, neglect, or mistreatment promptly.
- Adheres to Policy on Ethical Conduct and reports violations.
- Executes responsibilities in an effective and efficient manner.
- Other duties as assigned.