North Vancouver, BC V7P 3P9
Enchant Christmas Light Maze & Market Ltd.
Suite 304 - 901 3rd Street West, North Vancouver, BC V7P 3P9
SCOPE OF WORK – Operations Administrator
Position Title: Operations Administrator (Ops Admin)
Reports to: Director of Construction & Installation (DCI)/ Director of Events (DE)
Position Status: Employee
Date/Revision Date: April 4, 2019
The Operations Administrator acts as the core administrative base for Enchant’s day-to-day event operations. This position demonstrates strong office management and human resources skills, as well as strength in planning and problem-solving. The Ops Admin will manage data sets and access points for the Senior Leadership Team’s management tools, including communication, project management, data banks, contracts, vendor resource management and other as yet identified tools to ensure access and reliability for successful operations. The Ops Admin will facilitate logistical planning, human resource procedures, Standard Operating Procedures and maintain these files within the company’s chosen archive system(s). The Ops Admin will report directly the DCI and DE. This position will need to have intimate knowledge of the operations of each department with a focus on construction, asset management, inventory management, logistics, government relations, and internal administrative processes and deadlines. This position must readily adapt to change and demonstrate the ability to navigate complex priorities and timelines. The Ops Admin is skillful and dedicated with extensive experience in the coordination, planning and support of daily operational and administrative functions in a highly confidential environment.
Assist the GM, DCI and DE in the day to day operation of Enchant and its event productions.
Assist the GM, DCI and DE in the comprehensive execution of all planned activities, based on the SPP and all termed strategies/priorities.
Act as the key administrative personnel for the event production departments, administering the protocols and managing the information as it pertains to the Enchant Employee Handbook, on-boarding procedures, training, certifications, and re-certifications for Enchant staff and contractors.
Update and implement Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) per the GM, DCI and DE’s instructions and maintain and administer the SOPs through the production departments to efficiently and effectively manage Enchant operations following best practices and company standards for excellence.
Work in concert with the GM, DCI and DE or their designated appointee to develop, update and manage Enchant’s Policies and Procedures including:
Standard Operating Procedures
Drug Free Workplace
Equal Employment Opportunities
Risk & Emergency Management
Enchant Appreciation Program
6. Assist the DCI to administer, in concert with the Department Directors, the procurement process including contract development and execution, contractor fulfillment, equipment and supply acquisition, and the management of inventory.
Provides support for contract fulfilment and budget management for all contracted services.
Continually evaluate processes, policies and procedures to identify opportunities efficiency, innovation, and fiscal benefits for Enchant while prioritizing the brand and user experience.
Administer the recognition of Enchant staff, contractors, volunteers or stakeholders who provide excellent customer experiences through the Enchant Appreciation Program.
Assist in project management by providing integral operational support for scheduling of all jobs, the bidding process, and construction document management, including: request for proposals, permits, bill of ladings, contracts etc.
Provide estimating support: supporting material sourcing, assist in coordinating, organizing, tracking, updating and /or expediting the flow of information, construction drawings, submittals, permits, and project correspondence.
Assist with contractor and vendor communication receiving and managing sub contracts, client and sub-contractor change orders.
Manage schedules by updating the any project schedule as developed by the DCI and/or event production department directors and distribute as required.
Route correspondence; draft letters and documents; collect and analyze information; initiate communications, create reports, perform data entry, filing, recording meeting minutes, and other clerical work.
Work with DCI and Department Director to monitor the use of Client Resource Management (CRM) software to track sales opportunities.
Prepare documentation such as contractual agreements and various other documents for execution.
Maintains event production departments’ appointment schedules.
Represents Enchant by attending meetings as requested.
HR function assistance to include:
· Job posting
· Preparing new hire paperwork; onboarding new hires.
· Process Workers Comp claims as necessary.
· Update and publish Employee Handbook.
Maintains office supply inventory and ensures operation of office equipment.
Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing professional networks;
File and retrieve corporate documents, record and report with various governmental agencies, aggregate information for tax issues, monitor production equipment contracts and certifications, assist in compliance with business insurances etc.
Open, sort and distribute incoming correspondence, including faxes and email as appropriate.
Organize travel arrangements for consultants and employees.
Aggregate and review consultant and employee expense reports for submission to Finance Department.
General Office Management duties.
Design & Manufacturing
Work with DCI, Assistant Director of Construction and Installation (ADCI), and Department Directors to design and implement best practices for asset maintenance and a schedule of materials.
Assist in the monitoring of asset maintenance and inventory systems, including logistical support.
Work with DCI, DE, Director of Business Development, and stakeholders to monitor and implement best practices for sales data metric aggregation, production data aggregation, and the implementation for sponsor or partner activations within the events.
Work with DCI and Director of Marketing and Communication (or her designee) to disseminate marketing/branding directives to production staff and train event partners for the execution of marketing initiatives.
Construction / Asset Management
Work with DCI, ADCI, and Creative Director to develop and implement logistical and construction plans for each Enchant event, including all planning, pre-event, event, and post-event activity.
Work with DCI to implement a construction schedule that includes fail-safes, contingencies (human resources and equipment) and guarantees to complete construction of each event two (2) days prior to soft opening night.
Work with ADCI and team to create and implement inventory tracking procedures.
Work with ADCI and team to implement a schedule for preventative maintenance as appropriate, identifying and implementing inventory maintenance structure, and procurement procedures for redundant installations components and replacement components.
Develop tools for construction team to train new hires and implement new innovative practices for efficient and safe construction.
Work with the Event Planning team to implement schedules and protocols for event operations on a daily and weekly basis: including, customer experience, employee responsibilities, reporting, emergency management, public and vendor relations, and other event operations as required.
Develop and administer on-boarding and training material for event partner staff (and all Enchant staff), per the DE and Director of Marketing and Communications guidance, to train on-site staff on Enchant protocols.
Implement performance measures for staff per the event production department heads’ direction.
Assist in the documentation of and ensuring event assets are being maintained, accounted for, and stored safely.
Assist in the organization and documentation of event activations, features, and activities to enhance the customer experience.
· Expert level knowledge of the Google Suite platform and solutions.
· Expert level knowledge of Microsoft Office
· Excellent organizational skills.
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
· Expert knowledge of communication and organizational tools:
· Proficiency in asset tracking software with knowledge of logistics is preferred
· 10 years of experience in a professional capacity; or a Bachelor’s Degree in business Management, or the equivalent coursework in a related specialized field and five+ years of related experience.
ENCHANT FIVE STAR VALUES
Five Star Values (required of all Enchant consultants, regardless of position)
· Exceptional service: Takes assertive action to build internal and external customer relationships and loyalty; meets or exceeds the needs of individuals (i.e., residents, students, program participants and co- workers) and provides satisfaction within available resources.
· Collaboration: Initiates and participates in mutually beneficial alliances, partnerships and joint work efforts within work group and across department and organizational lines; helps other achieve overall organizational high performance, quality outcomes and Enchant’s goals and objectives.
· Accountability for Positive Outcomes: Takes personal responsibility for meeting and exceeding goals and standards; acts continuously to improve services; seeks opportunities for continuous development; assumes responsibility for errors and learns from them.
· Fosters Innovation: Initiates and responds to change positively; seeks and recommends or implements creative improvements in services; encourages and applies out-of-the-box thinking; challenges current practices when they are counter to goal achievement; focuses on doing the right things as well as doing things right to accomplish strategic objectives.
· Values Company Family: Creates an atmosphere of accepting all others; treats co-workers, interns, volunteers, program participants, visitors, and business partners with dignity and respect; continually strives to include all others to produce higher quality services; builds positive, productive work relationships.
(Required of all Enchant consultants, regardless of position.)
1. Follows all departmental/company policies and procedures, setting an example by actions, interactions, and reactions, and makes suggestions for improvements.
2. Follows safety rules and guidelines.
3. Participates in the execution of emergency management plan and can locate what to do in the plan for various events.
4. Follows requirements of Enchant Employee Handbook including attendance, demeanor, and work habits to the extent applicable to Consultants.
5. Acts in accordance with the Mission and Attributes, Core Values of Enchant at all times.
6. Is proactive in promoting the vision of Enchant and experience of each persons served.
7. Reports incidents of abuse, neglect, or mistreatment promptly.
8. Adheres to Policy on Ethical Conduct and reports violations.
9. Executes responsibilities in an effective and efficient manner.
10. Other duties as assigned.