North Vancouver, BC V7P 3P9
Enchant Christmas, LLC, is looking for an experienced programmer with a keen eye for design (UI, UX and interactions) for the position of Frontend Developer to work on our website, ticketing system integration and custom features. Enchant's Frontend Developer will be accountable and responsible for ensuring the alignment of web design and user experience requirements, optimizing web pages for maximum efficiency and maintaining brand consistency across all web pages, among other duties.
The Frontend Developer will be required to work in teams alongside Technical Lead, Project Manager, Backend Developer, Graphic Designers and User Experience Designers to ensure all elements of web creation are consistent. This requires excellent communication and interpersonal skills. In addition, being able to think quickly is critical. When things do not go as planned, the show must go on and the Frontend Developer must find solutions before anyone else notices an issue.
This role is expected to be involved in the entire web development process, including but not limited to:
Work collaboratively with our technical team to build frontend website, features and updates.
Identify and uphold engineering best practices on current development/devops workflow built on GCP/AWS and Gitlab.
Review and interpret the UX/UI design provided by the design team.
Perform cross-browser, device functional, and feature QA for website.
Participate in requirements analysis, code reviews and website launch.
Produce and maintain engineering-related documents and workflow.
Construct clear, efficient content model in CMS backend.
Determine the structure of web pages for components development.
Develope features/updates to enhance the user experience.
Strike a balance between functional and aesthetic design.
Ensure web design is optimized for smartphones.
Build reusable code for future use and easy updates.
Optimizing web pages for maximum speed and scalability.
Ensure inline comments are added in code for referencing.
Maintaine brand consistency throughout design.
Think outside the box to elegantly solve complex challenges.
Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies and introduce them to the team.
Degree in Computer Science or related field.
Understanding of key design and development principles.
Understanding of server-side development and rendering.
Good understanding of CSS preprocessors, such as LESS and SASS.
Experience with responsive and adaptive development.
Understanding of SEO principles around page and meta structures.
Strong functional QA testing skills for cross device and browsers.
We are looking for a candidate with experience in the following:
Proficiency with the modern front end frameworks (ReactJS or VueJS).
Familiarity with Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Google Cloud Platform (GCP) services.
Knowledge of at least one server-side language such as PHP, Node JS, or Python is a plus.
Experience with Firebase Hosting and Functions is a strong plus.
Previous experience with data visualization libraries is an asset.
Experience with source control (GitLab), unit testing, task tracking and CI/CD deployments.
Experience with product development, sales funnels, ticketing and/or financial systems and large datasets/user base is strong asset.
Experience in implementing data integration with frontend using API sources.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
Proficiency in problem-solving and analytical thinking.
Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills.
Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Good interpersonal skills.
A proven track record for writing clean, high quality, maintainable and well-documented code.
ENCHANT FIVE STAR VALUES
(required of all Enchant consultants and employees, regardless of position)
● Exceptional service: Takes assertive action to build internal and external customer
relationships and loyalty; meets or exceeds the needs of individuals (i.e., residents,
students, program participants and co- workers) and provides satisfaction within
● Collaboration: Initiates and participates in mutually beneficial alliances, partnerships
and joint work efforts within work group and across department and organizational
lines; helps other achieve overall organizational high performance, quality outcomes
and Enchant’s goals and objectives.
● Accountability for Positive Outcomes: Takes personal responsibility for meeting and
exceeding goals and standards; acts continuously to improve services; seeks
opportunities for continuous development; assumes responsibility for errors and learns from them.
● Fosters Innovation: Initiates and responds to change positively; seeks and recommends or implements creative improvements in services; encourages and applies out-of-the-box thinking; challenges current practices when they are counter to goal achievement; focuses on doing the right things as well as doing things right to
accomplish strategic objectives.
● Values Company Family: Creates an atmosphere of accepting all others; treats
co-workers, interns, volunteers, program participants, visitors, and business partners with dignity and respect; continually strives to include all others to produce higher
quality services; builds positive, productive work relationships.
(Required of all Enchant consultants and employees, regardless of position.)
1. Follows all departmental/company policies and procedures, setting an example by
actions, interactions, and reactions, and makes suggestions for improvements.
2. Follows safety rules and guidelines.
3. Participates in the execution of emergency management plan and can locate what to do in the plan for various events.
4. Follows requirements of Enchant Employee Handbook including attendance, demeanor, and work habits to the extent applicable.
5. Acts in accordance with the Mission and Attributes, Core Values of Enchant at all times.
6. Is proactive in promoting the vision of Enchant and experience of each persons served.
7. Reports incidents of abuse, neglect, or mistreatment promptly.
8. Adheres to Policy on Ethical Conduct and reports violations.
9. Executes responsibilities in an effective and efficient manner.
10. Other duties as assigned.
NOTE: Salary range given in CAD, not USD.