Client Services Representative
Phoenix, AZ 85020
Universal Background Screening is a leading provider of background screening solutions including a comprehensive selection of employment background checks and verifications, employee drug testing, employment physicals, and compliance management services. For more than thirty years, Universal experts have consulted with clients to implement compliant background screening programs tailored to their unique needs.
The primary objective of the Client Services Department is to provide prompt, accurate and timely service to our clients. As most clients submit and retrieve their background checks via our online application, this position involves frequent explanation and step-by-step walk through of using a web-based system to non-technical users (HR staff, managers, business owners). While not a technical support position, experience and/or skills involving web site usage, troubleshooting, etc. is an asset.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Handle a significant number of inbound and outbound transactions, providing phone and email-based support.
- Document customer transactions according to company procedures in a web-based CRM application.
- Perform new account setup and existing account maintenance functions.
- Anticipate customer needs and deliver solutions for proactive customer service.
- Perform daily outbound calls to assigned clients regarding order status and updates.
Education and Experience Requirements
- High School Diploma or Equivalent. Some college or technical college preferred.
- Experience in a professional customer service setting, business-to-business preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems within the bounds of department policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to gather and assess information in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of background checks, pre-employment screening and/or human resources would be an asset to this position.
- Microsoft Outlook and Internet/Web Skills
- Listening and rapid comprehension skills; strong written and verbal communication abilities.
- Ability to remain calm and professional while dealing with difficult customers and customer situations.
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member in a collaborative environment.
The Client Service Representative position is Full Time, Monday through Friday. This position's starting pay is $14.00/hr.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes but is not limited to: medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, employee funded 401k, paid vacation and sick time and paid company holidays.